Seeing road paint splatters on your car is a terrible feeling you may have. Regardless of the reason, unwanted paint stains on your car tend to stick longer if you prolong its removal.
But how to remove it without damaging your car paint?
Today, I will share five safest products to remove paint splatter from your car without damaging.
- 1 1. Using Mothers Clay Bar To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
- 2 2. Using Butter Wet Wax To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
- 3 3. Using Goof Off To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
- 4 4. Using Tarminator Remover To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
- 5 5. Using Lacquer Thinner or Rubbing Alcohol
- 6 Important Notes
- 7 Sum up
1. Using Mothers Clay Bar To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
Mother’s Clay Bar is a great product for removing car paint fouling grime and paint splatters from your car’s paint finish without damaging the paint.
How to use Mothers Clay Bar get paint splatter off car?
1. The first step is preparing the Mothers Clay Bar Kit. This kit should include a detailing spray, a microfiber cloth, and a specialized wax. The detailing spray will act as the clay’s lubricant.
2. Remove the clay bar from its wrapping and gently knead the clay and flatten the clay in the palm of your hand.
3. Start with a cool, clean surface and spray the accompanying detailer generously to lubricate the area you’re starting with (2-3 square feet is recommended.)
4. Lightly move the clay bar across the lubricated surface. You may feel some initial resistance but not to worry, that’s just the contaminants being removed.
5. Continue this process until the clay moves easily along that surface area.
6. Between sections of the car surface, fold and knead the clay bar to refresh the working surface.
7. Dry off any excess detailer and move to the next surface area to be cleaned using the microfiber towel.
When using the Mothers Clay Bar, always make sure the surface you want to clean is thoroughly lubricated, so there is no need to apply force to remove the paint splatter from your car.
We recommend that you re-wax your car after using the clay bar. You should consider using the Mother Clay Bar Kit as it has the unique ability to remove in addition to the paint stain, the bits, and grime that destroy your car’s finishes at a microscopic level.
2. Using Butter Wet Wax To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
Butter Wet Wax is a smooth, liquid wax that contains natural cleansing oils that help lift off the overspray or paint splatter attached to the actual clear coat of your car.
Using Butter Wet Wax is an effective way of removing dirt or dried paint splatter from your car without damaging the finish of your car’s paint.
How to use Butter Wet Wax to remove paint splatter from car?
Step 1: Remove light dirt or road debris on the car’s surface by applying a quick detail spray on a Chemical’s microfiber towel and gently moving it across the surface. Flip and fold the towel at regular intervals to ensure that there are no extra or induced swirls or scratches on the car’s paint.
Step 2: Shake up your Butter Wet Wax container and squeeze it onto a Chemical’s Microfiber towel. It is advisable to fold your towel into four and apply the Butter Wet Wax in a little quantity on the towel.
Step 3: Lightly tap the towel on an area of your car, spreading out the wax and blotching the car a bit, the motions to the ones you would make when polishing or applying a coat of wax.
Step 4: Let the wax sit on the car a moment. This is to allow the cleaner to do its job.
Step 5: After a minute or two, use a different side of the towel to scrub the wax away. You can use back and forth motions, side to side, or even up and down, do not apply a lot of pressure as you scrub so you do not leave any sort of scratches on the car.
3. Using Goof Off To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
Goof Off pro strength remover acts as an adhesive remover of dirt, grime, and debris that stick to the surface of the car’s paint. Using Goof Off to remove paint splatters is popular because it is a petroleum-based remover that doesn’t damage your car’s paint.
How to use Goof Off pro strength remover to remove dried paint splatter from car?
- Shake the can thoroughly.
- Spray as evenly as possible on the microfiber cloth, preferably damp, roughly the size of your palm.
- Press the wet side of the microfiber cloth to your car and slowly wipe sideways. Be sure to allow the cloth to stay on the car for a couple of seconds before moving it. Do not press the cloth too harshly on the car to avoid scratching the clear coat.
- Repeat as necessary.
You may concern: Goof Off On Car Paint- All You Need To Know
4. Using Tarminator Remover To Remove Paint Splatter From Car
The Tarminator Remover’s formula has been infused with Micro Active cleaning technology, making it ideal for removing paint splatter on your car without denting its finish. This remover works incredibly fast by penetrating deep into the materials that have stained your car. It breaks down sticky materials almost instantly, allowing you to wipe off the residual dirt with a cloth.
How to use Tarminator Remover to remove paint splatter?
- Rinse the soiled surface to remove light dirt as this remover works better on a clean surface.
- Spray the Terminator onto the surface, doing small areas at a time for optimal results.
- Let it stay on the car’s surface for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Wipe off with a clean cloth, pressing the cloth gently in up and down motions.
- Repeat with another area of the car’s surface.
- Rinse off any extra material with clean water.
5. Using Lacquer Thinner or Rubbing Alcohol
Lacquer thinner is a mixture of solvents that can be used to remove dirt and paint from different surfaces. It softens and thins away paint stains. Lacquer thinner and rubbing alcohol are usually used when the paint splatter has turned solid and flaky due to drying. It is very effective in cleaning them off.
How to use Isopropyl alcohol to remove paint splatter?
- Section off the paint-covered area of the car into smaller areas.
- Apply rubbing alcohol on the car surface to remove dirt, grease, oil, or any other light materials that can scratch your car when you start cleaning the paint off.
- If you want, you can wrap a cloth around a sponge to give extra pressure when cleaning. Apply a little alcohol on the cloth.
- Leave for 30-60 seconds so it can take effect on the paint.
- Use warm water to wash the area off, so your car paint doesn’t erode.
- Repeat with each area until the entire surface is free of paint.
- After cleaning, wash off any alcohol residue on the car to reduce the risk of eroding your car’s finish.
- Before attempting to clean the paint splatter off your car, wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Do not wipe heavily on car paint or apply pressure to maintain the integrity of your car’s finish.
- Wash your car before trying any of these methods out.
- If you have them, it is advisable to wear safety glasses to protect your eyes from accidents.
- Before trying to clean off paint from your car, you should park it away from direct sunlight.
- You do not want to try to scrape the paint off with a sharp object, even a little bit, as doing so will inevitably damage your car’s paint.
If you’ve got a paint splatter problem, these tips outlined will help you remove paint stains without damaging your paint job.
Paint splatters are easier to clean off when they have just stained your car, but with these tips, you can clean off the paint even if you didn’t notice it immediately. All you have to do is follow the instructions in this post carefully to get rid of paint spots.
However, you might experience some challenges while you work on paint splatters. The level of difficulty you experience usually depends on the area of your car with the paint splatter. Irrespective of the area stained with pain, you’ll be able to get rid of the paint spots if you carefully follow the tips outlined in this post.