I never really thought about getting the weed smell out of my car until I got pulled over, and the officer said he could smell it. I had been smoking a little bit before driving, and I was worried that I would get in trouble.
Thankfully, I just got a warning, but ever since then, I’ve been trying to find ways to get rid of the smell.
Here are four ways that have worked for me.
1. Mask The Weed Smell
- First, try airing out the car by opening the windows and doors and airing out for a few hours.
- Remove all the trash from your car and vacuum to pick weed and ash particles from the seats, floor mats, panels, and storage areas.
- Wash the carpet and floor mats, then dry totally.
- Clean the car seats with interior cleaner.
- Spray Air Freshener and Smoke Odor Eliminator to mask the weed odor.
- If you still smell the weed odor, a change air filter is needed.
Lastly, use a window cleaner to clean the windows. This step removes smoke residue from the windows. Then, wipe dry, and roll them down for the next steps.
Buy Car Air Freshener and Smoke Odor Eliminator below:
2. Use an Ozone Treatment
If you’ve let the weed smell worsen over time, an ozone generator is something to consider. It contains chemicals that can cause shortness of breath. A small ozone generator plugs into a power supply. It releases ozone, which works to disintegrate odor molecules. Depending on how bad the car smells, you can run it for 1 or to 2 hours. However, you should be outside the vehicle when the ozone generator is on.
Please follow these steps:
- Vacuum and clean the car interior
- Put the ozone generator in 1-2 hours.
You’re done. The weed smell will be gone.
Buy an Ozone Generator below:
3. Use Natural Odors Absorbers
Activated charcoal, baking soda, or coffee are some of the best when it comes to absorbing smells. They can do the trick if you deal with a robust weed smell.
Please follow the below steps:
- Open all the windows.
- Vacuum and clean the car’s interior, especially carpets, car seats, and headliner.
- Put a bag of charcoal, baking soda, or coffee powder in your car overnight to soak up smells.
That’s all. You’ll want to repeat the process until the smell is entirely gone after a few days.
Buy baking soda and charcoal below:
4. Use a Personal Smoke Air Filter
If you prefer that no one knows you smoke weed, you can use a sploofy to ensure the smoke never escapes into the car. This method involves exhaling through a sploofy. This device turns smoke into clean air and removes 99.97% of the smoke particles. These devices use a 3-stage HEPA filtration system to trap the odor chemicals.
Buy a sploofy below:
We get it. Not everyone loves the smell of weed. I offered you four ways to get the weed smell out of cars quickly and effectively. As you can see, odor eliminators work better at neutralizing the smell of marijuana than air fresheners.
Deep cleaning and detailing your car’s interior is the first method.
You can also use baking soda and charcoal to absorb the odor. And, if you have a strong case of weed odor, an ozone generator is an ideal device. Finally, considering a sploofy can do the trick.
You may concern: