Removing sap from your car is essential to maintain the paint job and keep the vehicle looking its best. There are a few different ways that you can remove sap from your car, depending on the severity of the build-up.
Below is the instruction to get sap off that you can do at home easily.
Things You’ll Need
- For light build-ups, you can use a product like WD-40 or Goo Gone to remove the sap.
- For more heavy build-ups, you will need to use a commercial product like tar and bug remover. You can find these products at your local auto parts store or online store.
- A microfiber cloth
- A car wax
- A razor
- A car wash kit
5 Steps To Get Sap Off Car
1. Start by washing the area of your car where the sap is located. This will help to remove any loose particles and make it easier to work with.
2. If you use WD-40 or Goo Gone, apply it directly to the sap and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes, use a clean cloth to wipe away the tree sap.
3. If you use tar and bug remover, apply it to the sap and let it sit for a few minutes. After a few minutes, use a new razor or another sharp object to scrape away the tree sap. You may need to use a little elbow grease to get all of the sap off.
4. Wash the area of your car again to remove any residual product once you have removed all of the sap.
5. Apply a wax or sealant to the area to help protect it from future build-up.
Items To Buy
Goo Gone Automotive Cleaner
Stone Tar & Sap remover
Car Wash Kit
Chemical Guys Wax