Foam gun vs foam cannon, I have to be honest; I was a little skeptical when I first heard about foam guns and foam cannons. I mean, how different could they be? But after trying both out, I can say that there is a big difference – and the foam cannon is the way to go. Here’s why:
The foam gun produced lots of suds but very little foam. On the other hand, the foam cannon made loads of thick, fluffy foam that stuck to the car and took a long time to rinse off.
Not only did the foam cannon leave my car cleaner, but it also required less time and effort to get the job done. Overall, I’m highly impressed with the foam cannon.
What is a foam gun car wash?
A foam gun features a barrel and a canister for soapy water. Attached to the canister is a nozzled hand that triggers suds linked to the barrel. The barrel connects to a hose and other control apparatus that regulates water flow whenever you press the nozzle handle.
What is a foam cannon?
On the other hand, a foam cannon is also a handheld device used on cars for easy washing. It is equipment that uses a certain quantity of shampoo, air, and water to emit thicker suds all over the car with the help of a pressure washer.
Though not offering thick lather, Foam guns will still soak your car and loosen dirt and grease easily in minimal time. However, a foam cannon offers a layer of thick, white lather on the car’s surface when connected to a pressure washer.
Foam Gun vs Foam Cannon: The Similarities
1. They both have 2 Types: Adjustable vs. Non-adjustable
There are two types of Foam Guns and Cannons. They are the adjustable and non-adjustable types. The major difference between these two types is that the adjustable f oam gun and foam cannon gives more room for the control and flow of suds. You’ll have to adjust the settings from 0 to 5 or 6.
The non-adjustable version solely allows you to spray your vehicle with soap filled water without giving you the opportunity to control the flow of the sud. There are also non-adjustable foam guns and cannons that come with switches that allow you to rinse your vehicle. In this case, all that will be released instead of a soap filled water is clear water that gets rid of the soap, dirt and grease, rinsing your vehicle clean.
Beyond functionalities, another difference between the nonadjustable and adjustable versions is the cost, with the former being the much cheaper alternative.
2. Both Foam Gun and Foam Cannon work by mixing water, soap, and air to spray a soapy solution on your vehicle
3. Both wash accessories can be equipped with an easy connect fitting.
4. They use the same kinds of soaps.
Foam Gun vs Foam Cannon: The Differences
- Foam cannon needs a pressure washer to work, while a foam gun can connect to a standard garden hose and doesn’t need a pressure washer.
- Foam guns do not create as much suction power as a pressure washer.
- A foam cannon creates thick, clinging foam that clings to surfaces and provides more coverage than a foam gun.
- When using a foam gun, you must be careful not to get too close to the surface you are cleaning, as the pressure from the foam gun can damage the surface.
- Foam guns typically have a lower output than foam cannons, making them better suited for smaller projects. On the other hand, Foam cannons have a higher output and can cover larger areas more quickly.
- Foam cannons are also better at reaching tight spaces, while foam guns are more versatile and can be used for more comprehensive projects. Ultimately, the choice between a foam gun or foam cannon depends on the size of the project and the level of coverage required.
Is a foam cannon worth it?
If you only need to clean your car once in a while, then a foam cannon may not be worth the investment. However, if you plan to use it regularly for various cleaning tasks, then a foam cannon is a worthwhile investment. Ultimately, whether or not to purchase a foam cannon depends on your individual needs and preferences.
Can I put any soap in a foam cannon?
Not all soaps are created equal, and some may not be suitable for use in a foam cannon. Before using any soap in your foam cannon, check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that it is safe to use. Otherwise, you could damage your foam cannon or end with subpar results.
Best Foam Cannon
When choosing a foam cannon, you want to consider the pressure washer with which you will be using it. Make sure that the foam cannon is compatible with your pressure washer model. You also want to consider the type of nozzle that you prefer. Some foam cannons come with adjustable nozzles to control the amount of suction power and foam output. Choose a foam cannon that is durable and easy to use.
Below are the best foam cannon for pressure washer and soap recommendation:
Chemical Guys Soap for Foam Cannon
By beginning your car wash with either a foam gun or foam cannon, you lessen the work and rid most of the stains before rinsing.
Foam Cannons will give you better wash because of the pressure washer used, but they will cost you more than Foam guns. Choosing on which wash accessory you would like to use depends on how much you are willing to spend. If you already own a pressure washer, then the best option for you is a Foam Cannon.
However, if you own a regular water hose and don not intend to spend more money, a Foam Gun is a better choice for you.
See also: Best Pressure Washer Car Soap